The Department of Management was established in the year 2001, aspires to impart education to the students and equip them with the knowledge, skills and attitude that’s required in the business world. It aims to provide solid foundation in wide range of business aspects such as Accounting, Finance, Human Resource, Marketing, Business Research and Management. The department has been constantly upgrading the program to match the changes in the external environment. We always set high standards to perform the activities for the benefit of student community in various areas of management.
The department takes pride in churning out best entrepreneurs; the students are also well placed in Multinational Companies such as Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, IBM, KPMG and many others. They never forget to visit us back and share the valuable experiences with their juniors.
The career opportunities for the students of management are enormous. After the completion of BBA course, students can take up jobs in different disciplines like marketing, finance, human resources, information technology, concept processing etc. and different domains like manufacturing, banking, insurance, share broking, chartered accountancy, business process outsourcing, knowledge process outsourcing, logistics, transportation, exports and imports, aviation, defense, event management, consultancy etc.
Students are also encouraged to start their own business venture as they learn the basic and advanced concepts about entrepreneurship. The students also have the opportunity to pursue their higher education in different programmes like MBA, PGDM, CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) certified programme and other equivalent management programmes and diploma programmes. The hallmark of the business administration program lies in its ability to link class room lectures to real world business scenarios. Through case studies and group discussions, the BBA faculty engages the students to think beyond the conventional lines of decision making. Our primary focus is to make the students ‘industry ready ‘by exposing them to learning opportunities beyond the class room. The Department of Business Administration has been contributing entrepreneurs and managers to the society for many years and now it is focused on creating socially sensitive corporate leaders for a sustainable future. The department also organizes seminars and workshops.
Why join the Business Administration Program?
Our mission is to educate the future leaders who make a difference in the world. And the catalyst to this transformation lies in empowering our students through an expertly crafted syllabus that provides the needed repository of knowledge, while challenging, it also introduces the students to new ways of thinking.
After completion of BBA program the students can pursue the higher studies in the country and outside the country, they can choose the career in corporate world in the domains like marketing, human resource, production, finance, aviation, and data analytics.
• BBA Bachelor of Business Administration
• BBA CGMA Integrated
• BBA Business Analytics
• BBA Aviation Management
• One year PG Diploma Programme (Working Executives)
The department also offers value added courses such as Aptitude Skills (Credit Course) and Data Analysis using Spreadsheet.
The management association of department with the motto ‘vision beyond tomorrow’ focuses on developing managerial skills like communication, problem solving, decision making, inter-personal skills, time management, management of resources, stress management etc.
The major activities:
1) Virtuoso: A workshop conducted by the Department of Management, exclusively for the first year students, organized and conducted by the final year students of the department. The students are introduced to the basic concepts of management and management events (Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, and Best Manager), in order to give them a perspective of competitive fests.
2) Social Responsibility Week: CSR is not a new term any longer, companies both small and large practice corporate social responsibility. This could be mainly for the reason that companies exist because of the society, in the sense that companies borrow from Society’s and Nature’s bank of resources, and as a result need to give back to the society in order to encourage and promote development in a sustainable manner. Social Responsibilities Week is initiated to bring about a sense of awareness among students and to sensitize students to the growing concerns of the society.
3) Meet your alumni: The students will be given an opportunity to interact with their alumni through “Meet your alumni” program, where the successful alumni will come and share their knowledge and experience from corporate world and from their entrepreneurial ventures.
4) Guest Lectures: Apart from garnering insights from teachers and the alumni, it is also vitally important for students to have interactions with experts from industry, who can offer their personal experiences, knowledge, insights and cautionary advice for the benefit of the students.
5) Club Activity: Apart from all these other interactions that the students have, it is also important for the students to interact with themselves by way of a concept called ‘Club Activity’. Students are encouraged to organize and conduct activities related to their curriculum within the dimensions of their class rooms. Through this weekly exercise, students learn the importance of communicating, team work, and leadership
The department also organizes following programs to bring out the hidden talent in students and healthy competitive spirit of students.
Prodigy, National level inter collegiate management fest
Acumen, Intra collegiate management fest
Innovatio, a business plan competition
Anveshan, Paper presentation competition
Savishkar, Skill based exhibition
Koushala, An exhibition on service industry
The learning process is not just restricted to the classroom. Students are taken on the study tours to get the complete practical knowledge. The department also conducts regular workshops to keep the students’ learning up-to-date.