One of the main aspects of the curriculum of the college is community services. JES assesses the local community needs and promotes institution-neighbourhood network. JES plans, executes and monitors all SOPs and extension activities of the various departments. JES believes in the educative value of curriculum-extension interface in rural Karnataka. It was started to promote social concern and good citizenship among the student through extension and social outreach programmes.
* To establish institution-neighborhood network
* To assess the needs of the local community
* To promote holistic development of nearby villages
* To plan and liaison with various departments in their outreach and extension programmes
* * To monitor the extension activities
* To provide field experience to the students in the neighbourhood community
JES undertook extension activities like:
* Computer Literacy Programme in a neighbouring Government school
* Awareness programme on substance abuse
* A health survey was conducted to identify the physical and mental health of villagers
* In association with villagers, tree plantation was organized to provide awareness on green village
* General Medical Camp was conducted in association with M.S. Ramiah Medical College
* Hospital, Bangalore to identify and refer the cases for free treatment in the same hospital
* Regular cultural programmes are organized on social issues in neighboring villages
* Students of various departments are exposed to conditions of the weaker sections of the society by regular visits to various homes for the under privileged and abandoned.