Readers may reserve books or Journals for a period of one day by writing the name against the message ("Please leave"/"Don't disturb") and the date. This date may be changed once the reserved material is used, or the reserved material will be replaced on the shelves after the blocked date.
Kristu Jayanti College Library subscribes to Online full text Journals & Resources. It regularly adds new Journals & Resources to the Collection for the benefits & easy access to all the users.
Downloading entire issues/volumes of these resources is legally incorrect; as it goes against the license agreement we have entered with the publishers. Thus we would emphasize that these resources have been governed by license agreements and copyright law. Download of entire journal issue or complete volume in a systematic fashion is strictly prohibited. The responsibility for the appropriate use of licensed material lies with the user. The misuse of or unauthorized use of licensed information could result in cancellation of the services.
All KJC library users must respect the licensed agreements & copyrights and make use of these resources fairly. This service is available to Kristu Jayanti College Network users only.
Audio Video Service
Audio video Service is available to Post Graduate students only. Management and Faculty of Kristu Jayanti College may recommend the purchase of desired or relevant Audio Video CD's to the Librarian.
External users from other Institutions or Colleges are allowed to use the Library with a letter of reference from their Institution or College. External users are not permitted to issue Library items.
Other Visitors to the Library may use it provided he gets a permission from the Director of Library to use it. Externals users and visitors are allowed to use the Library only during office hours.
Role of Library Staff in helping users
During Normal Working hours the Librarian & other Library Staff will assist the users. They will also assist in obtaining necessary reference material for individual users. The Library will provide necessary service to obtain personal subscription or book purchases for faculty and students.
Code of Conduct
1) On entering the library, one should enter their name and signature in the registration book.
2) Borrowing materials without a valid Identity card number is prohibited.
3) The use of another's Identity card is prohibited.
4) Do not reshelf Books, Periodicals etc., leave them on the tables properly after use.
5) Talking is strictly prohibited in the Library.
6) Personal belongings must be left in the provided cupboards. The Library is not responsible for any item left in the Library.
7) Food or Drink is not allowed in the Library.
8) Laptop if used in the library must have its own power and cable connector.
9) Cell phones are to be set in the "OFF" or "VIBRATOR" mode prior to entering the Library.
10) The use of pen drive is strictly prohibited in the library.
11) Students must take care of Library Materials and must not deface them by underlining, writing or drawing in them, tearing any part of them, or in any other way.
12) Library is a place of Individual study, Library members should maintain an atmosphere of dignity, peace and silence within the Library.
Loss & Defacement of Books, Journals and CD's
The Cost of replacement with double amount will be charged to the person for loss or damage of library materials. If any student intentionally deface or damage any library item, will have his/her Library Privileges revoked for a period of time determined by the Library Committee.